Monday, February 22, 2021

2/22/21

    I liked today's class. I liked hearing everyone's poems. Although I was unable to make a video I did write a poem. Today I heard another student mention a poem by Maya Angelou called "Hey Black Child". I had never heard of it so I read it today. My poem is about kids being strong and loving themselves. My inspiration for this poem is a small business called Hello Black Child. The theme of my poem is self love. 

Hello Black Child

Hello Black Child 

You are special , you are strong 

You are a pretty bird, flying high 

Hello black child

There’s a blinding light inside of you 

They can not deny you 

Be free and honor you 

Hello black child 

Find your peace of mind 

Everything will turn out fine 

See the signs 

It will take time 

Always do your best 

Never stress about the rest 

 

1 comment:

5/21/21

    Today we are doing something different and writing the blog posts the beginning of class. We usually write them at the end or after clas...